Fight!

I have always enjoyed the music from games, and when I first listened to Guile’s Theme I knew that I wanted to remix it, so I did, for my first 4-star assignment this week. I started with a MIDI file, and once I had started trying to actually make it mash up I kept running into problems, so I mostly decided at that point to scrap the mashup idea and create a remix. I took the midi file and applied a piano and synth to both parts, importing the file with both treble and bass separated. I then programmed in some drums (since my kit isn’t set up for recording) and pitch shifted everything down to an A#. After some mixing and mastering, I felt finished with it. Overall, while I don’t feel satisfied with the fact I couldn’t make the mashup work, I feel like the mostly acoustic remix works well.